A Cedar Lake bathroom remodeling check list is not a necessity, but it comes close to being that. Before you launch your project, a Cedar Lake bathroom remodeling check list can help you gather your ideas in one place. It can assist as you estimate time, cost, and effort involved. As you work, your check list will help you move smoothly from one task to another.
Your Cedar Lake contractor may or may not use a bathroom remodeling check list. If you have one, however, you can ask that it be used. It will keep costs in line with the budget. It will be your game plan. It may also get you back into your bathroom sooner.
The bathroom remodeling check list we offer here may be different from others, but it can be adapted to meet your needs. You may want two lists, actually. Make one a list of necessities, and the second a list of optional things you would like in your Cedar Lake bathroom remodel if possible.
Bathroom Check List
1. Design: Before you begin a Cedar Lake bathroom remodel, take time to design the finished room. There are a number of helpful digital design software programs you can use if you are doing it yourself. You may want the popular Tuscany theme or a vintage design. If you hire a professional Cedar Lake designer, work with her on this step before moving ahead. Look at samples and pictures of tiles, paint, fixtures, and other materials.
2. Permits: With your design completed, you know what you plan to do in your Cedar Lake bathroom remodel. You need to get permits from your city or county. If you are using the services of contractors, be sure all permits are in order before work is started.
3. Walls: Will your Cedar Lake bathroom remodeling project involve moving walls or refinishing them? If walls are to be moved, this may be the first step. You may want to add a new window, or move a door as part of your Cedar Lake bathroom remodel. Plan carefully.
4. Floors: Most bathroom remodeling projects include some type of floor work. If tub, toilet, shower, or sink are to be moved, you will need plumbing changes. New holes will be made in your floor. You may need new sub floors. This step will probably follow the movement of walls.
5. Plumbing: This part of Cedar Lake bathroom remodeling calls for a licensed professional. If you are not a licensed plumber, be sure you have one scheduled at the right time.
6. Electrical: Much bathroom remodeling involves changes in lighting fixtures. Changing a light bulb is simple. Adding lighting to a new part of the bathroom is not. As above, if you are not a licensed professional, schedule an electrician for this part of your Cedar Lake bathroom remodel.
7. Decorating: Once walls and floors are done; plumbing and electricity are installed or re-routed, fixtures and other parts of your Cedar Lake bathroom remodeling project reach fruition, it is time to decorate. No bathroom remodel is complete without themed decorating. Leave time to do it right.
Bathroom remodeling check lists are sometimes available from your Cedar Lake contractor. A few contractors post detailed lists online. The important thing is to take time to thoroughly plan the bathroom remodeling project from beginning to end. Get an estimate from your contractor, or estimates from two or more contractors. Make sure everything is written down, with cost and time estimates. If you do, your Cedar Lake bathroom remodel will be as painless as possible.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/640742